TJU Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (In English and Chinese)
The aims of the program are to broaden and deepen students’ knowledge and understanding of Chemical Engineering. The graduates have a sound theoretical grasp of the science and principles, combined with practical experience and an awareness of their responsibilities for the society and the environment. The graduates should be able to apply their knowledge and skills to complex, open-ended engineering problems. The graduates should be capable of becoming professional chemical and process engineers in the industry or following a postgraduate route into a research, industrial or academic career.
• Advanced Math
• Engineering Drawing
• Fluid Mechanics
• Heat Transfer
• Mass Transfer
• Chemical Process Safety
• Biochemical Engineering
• Chemical Reaction Engineering
• Separation Processes
• Chemical Process Design
• The program has been accredited by IChemE at Master Level.
• A continuing commitment to (and a leading role in) the development of chemical engineering education within China
• A comprehensive, modern and forward-looking chemical engineering curriculum with a strong core and a good depth and breadth of advanced subjects through the provision of a wide range of elective subjects that are based on the research strengths of the School
• Excellent opportunities for the students to experience research project work within the School’s research laboratories.
• Excellent staff resources in terms of numbers, qualifications and morale.
• Excellent physical facilities in terms of laboratories, library and IT. The laboratory facilities for teaching are of a particularly high standard in terms of the students’ learning experience and the quality and range of experimental rigs.
International Cooperation and Exchange Program:
There are many forms of international cooperation with overseas universities and companies, such as joint training, exchange students, short-term visiting scholar, summer schools, overseas internship practice, short-term cultural associations, international contests and other types of projects.
• 2+2 joint programme with the University of Manchester (UK)
• 2+2 joint programme with the University of Edinburgh(UK)
• 2+2 joint programme with the University of Leuven (BELGIUM)
• 3+1+1 joint programme with the University of Queensland (Australia)
• 3+2 joint project with the Rutgers, the state university of New Jersey(USA)
1. The applicant should be 18-35 years old.
2. The passport should be in a validity of over 48 months.
3. If you apply the English Class, the TOEFL iBT score of 60 points at least, or IELTS score at least 5.0, or the relevant certificates of English as the working and learning language for high school study; If you apply the Chinese Class, you have to submit us the HSK4 (score 180 or above) certificate.
4. Provide High School Diploma/Certificate and the score report/transcripts. When the Diploma/Certificate and the score report/transcripts are neither in Chinese nor English, you should provide its notarized Chinese or English translated documents.
5. Provide Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
6. Non-Criminal Record which is issued from your residential police station.
7. Any certificate that will make your application strong, like the certificates of your ever earned scholarships or awards.
According to the requirements of the Teaching Plan, there are 155 credits in required courses. Students can graduate only after obtain the above required 155 credits in the teaching program of their specialty. The students can write their graduation theses in English or Chinese. If the thesis is in English, the abstract in Chinese is needed. The qualified students will be awarded the Bachelor Degree of Chemical Engineering.
Duration & Tuition Fee:
Duration of study: 4 years
Tuition fee (English): RMB20, 000 per year
Tuition fee (Chinese): RMB16, 600 per year
TJU side will provide full scholarship (RMB 45, 000 per year) for 5 applicants and partial scholarship (RMB 20, 000 per year) for 10 applicants.
Bachelor of Engineering
For more information, please visit the website:
or contact: The School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University